The life and times of Jack, Owen and Ella Crossett

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Update on the Big Boy Bed

After our first night with no crib for Jack I am very optimistic. Last night went extremely well! We put Jack in bed and he just laid down and went to sleep. He didn't get out of bed a single time and didn't even make any noise. I spent the next two hours waiting for him to come running out of his room but he didn't.


The only issue all night was totally unrelated to the bed. I heard him calling me in the night (not sure why he didn't just get out of bed and come get me) and I thought he was just having new bed issues so I decided to ignore him. After a few minutes I heard him saying "Mama, I cold. Mama, Jack so cold" so of course I had to go investigate. Turns out his Pull-up malfunctioned and he was soaking wet along with all of his bedding. Wonderful. Daddy got the sheets changed and I got Jack changed and he went back to sleep in his bed.


He woke up at 8:30 this morning (I know, I'm spoiled because my kids sleep in!) and came running out of his room. He was very excited because he got out of bed "by mine self" as he likes to say. All in all I think we had a great first night. Nap time might be another issue...we shall see!

No comments: