The life and times of Jack, Owen and Ella Crossett

Friday, May 9, 2008

A Little More New!

Owen doing some tummy time

Jack has developed a real love of watermelon. He asks for it all the time...kind of. Here he is trying to say it.

This is what it is like most of the time when I try to take a video. Lets just say I delete more than I keep but in this case it was suggested that I get Owens horrifyingly loud cry on video so I can show him later in life. I recommend turning the volume down before watching this one! Oh yeah. The point of the video in the first place is that Jack started doing something funny when his show comes on and I wanted to get it on video. Once it comes on he goes over by the television and moves all of the toys away from a little area so he can dance. There wasn't much there today but at the beginning he is pushing it all aside. I will have to plant some toys there next week so he has to move a whole lot and get that on video. Last week he moved Owen's baby gym all the way into my bedroom to make sure it was far enough out of the way that he could dance!

I don't think you can see it in that video but I had to tape the entertainment center shut because of something Jack did last week. He loves Finding Nemo but I don't let him watch it all the time because I don't really want him watching that much television. He knows where the DVD player is and how to open it and last week he kept asking for Nemo and I kept saying no so he went over and opened the entertainment center, opened the DVD player tray and took the DVD out. I told him no and we weren't watching Nemo right now. I was feeding Owen at the time and I knew he went and put the DVD back but when I went over to check I couldn't find it anywhere! Well I figured out quickly where it went. All I had to do was shake the DVD player and I heard it rattling around in there. He had opened the tray of the DVD player and stuck the DVD in the slot that the tray was supposed to slide back into and then closed the tray. The DVD was just stuck inside the player. The weird thing is that the DVD player still worked with a different DVD in there. Needless to say I spent nap time dissecting a DVD player. The fun never ends!

1 comment:

Sarah Larson said...

I just watched the video of Owen screaming, and Otis came running over to see what was going on!